Kernelnewbies list delays (Re: easy question on MM and struct pages)

On 28-04-08 21:03, Rene Herman wrote:

On 27-04-08 21:24, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

where in the early kernel boot sequence is the space allocated for the
necessary array of "struct page"s, one for each page of physical memory?

The mem_map is node local. It's allocated in (through) free_area_init() for node 0.

Hi Rik.

The kernelnewbhies list is extremely spotty. The headers on this post I'm now replying to indicate that it sat in the queue at humbolt from 21:05 +2 to 23:48 +2 which is indeed the time I recievied that post back through the list.

This happens a _lot_. Sometimes it's okay for a while, but never long. It's very annoying for a list of this type as it fairly frequently happens that you take out time for an answer only to find that someone else already did as well but it just hadn't found its way to you yet. I've also noticed I'm not the only one experiencing this -- Mulyadi Santosa today seemed to have a similar experience. And a "quick" correction to one of my own messages that I sent over an hour ago has also not made it yet (also not to the web archive) potentially confusing people.

Humbolt blows goats. Would it be a good idea to ask if vger could host the list? Fixing Humholt won't last for more than a month again.

Rene.