Memory mapping confusion

Hi All,

I have a few basic question regarding mapping of memory (and other
device) in Linux kernel.
suppose if I have 32bit machine with more then 4GB of RAM , and also
there are other devices that are memory mapped, so how will linux
managed to access the devices (other then RAM) that are memory mapped?
Is RAM (in PCs) always mapped to physical location 0 ?
How kernel identifies which device is at which address in entire 4GB
address space?

Please help in getting these doubts cleared.

Thanks,
Chetan Nanda