Re: booting the kernel

Hi
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Shyamal Shukla <shyamalshukla@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Mulyadi,
>
>      I saw a post initiated by you regarding the entry.S file
>
>  http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/2005-11/msg00161.html

Ahhhh :)

>  I am stuck with the same doubt (the need for multiple entry points and when
> and how will each one of them be activated).

Short answer to trigger your own further research: because x86...and
so do many other processor's architectures...provide so many
interrupts, trap and exceptions. Each of them needs to be handled
properly.

Think about division by zero, segmentation fault and so on...

>  Some detailed explanation or pointers, shall be of great help.

I think LDD3 will provide you better background here... or buy a copy
of Understanding of Linux Kernel 3rd ed.

regards,

Mulyadi.