Restarting interrupted processes

Hi,

I have got a question about processes that have been set into the state
TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE or TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE:
As far as I understood the kernel wakes the processes up if they are properly
inserted into a waitqueue waiting for some event if the corresponding
interrupt arrives.

Is there also a possibility that a process gets woken up by an interrupt from
a state mentioned above without being registered in any waitqueue?
And if so, how could we prevent the kernel from doing so?

The problem is that we suspect the kernel to wake some processes up even if it
is not registered in any waitqueue at all. If this really happens, it
corrupts an extension we are trying to integrate into the kernel. And we
would look for a way to prevent the kernel from such unwanted wake ups.

Thanks for helping

Christian Fischlin