Re: blktrace debugging: how to use it

Thank you Jens, I will delved into it, and possibly do some comparison with UML, and LTTng.

Thanks :-).

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 31 2008, Peter Teoh wrote:
> The is patch is to enable blktrace debugging in the kernel:
>
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/8/1/405
>
> Can anyone provide any guidelines or references on how to use this
> feature from userspace?   Any tools written to TEST and use this feature?

Just git clone the repo:

git://git.kernel.dk/blktrace.git

(which is mentioned in the Kconfig help entry for that kernel config
option)

or grab the latest snapshot here:

http://brick.kernel.dk/snaps/blktrace-git-latest.tar.gz

it comes with documentation and man pages (mostly thanks to others than
myself :-) and also a nifty btt tool that can do lots of things that
blkparse cannot.

--
Jens Axboe

--