Re: For your reading pleasure: Filesystem Internals

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Scott Lovenberg <scott.lovenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mulyadi Santosa wrote:
Hi Peter...

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Peter Teoh <htmldeveloper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From here:

 http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+kernel+filesystem+internals+filetype:ppt

 You can find a lot of precious documentation:   how a filesystem is
 optimized for multimedia, XFS internals

<...snip...>

Perhaps. it will be better if you put your findings about these kind
of free online references in wiki.kernelnewbies. Other people will
find it easier to search :) just 2 cents idea :)
sorry pal....guess I have spam your mailbox...:-(.!!!!

We have a wiki?! No crap... I really need to visit the site more often :).  I kind of end up just reading the threads all day long as they seem to be paced at about 2 or 3 an hour.  Just enough time between slashdot articles!

Yes.....I had a hard time trying to update this page:

http://kernelnewbies.org/FAQ

now I have given up.   I have the idea of collecting questions and answers and putting it up on this FAQ.....there should be some kind of a automated machine whereby all questions from this mailing lists get updated/collected/collated into this FAQ.   Someone wants to update?

In the FAQ, the last part was added by me, someone volunteer to update it?   (I HAVE GIVEN UP EDITING IT .....sigh....)

Filesystem Questions

  1. ?/InotifyDnotify Inotify vs Dnotify architecture: How to use it?   How does it worked?

  2. ?/procfs How does the /proc filesystem work?

Memory Management Questions

  1. [devkmem] What are the purpose of /dev/kmem? How to use it?
  2. 3G/1G split=====>why? (the email chain is here:  http://www.issociate.de/board/goto/1663676/need_for_3G/1G_split.html)

--
Regards,
Peter Teoh