getting data from a pci driver

Hi,
I have a doubt regarding the PCI driver. After probing the pci device
we can get data from the device through write or inb function. How does
the application get data from the driver? Do we implement read and
write functions? If so how to actually implement. I went through two
or three driver codes but none implemented the read and write
functions. Any pointers to a driver code which implements this will be
helpful.

Thanks.