Re: starting function for kernel process

True. but I think before start_kernel what comes into picture lies in head.S. Of course it is arch specific.

Thus the actual start up code is in head.S -

for i386 it is arch/i386/kernel/head.S
for ARM it is arch/arm/kernel/head.S

AFAIK from there onwards control jumps to start_kernel () in init/main.c

- A

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Manish Katiyar <mkatiyar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 10:32 AM, ravikumar
<ravikumar.vallabhu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>  As for every program there will be start function( ie main).
>  What is the starting function for kerenl process , ie similarly main().

Hi,

I guess it is start_kernel(), this is where the initial kernel command
line arguments are processed and various other things are initialized.

Hope that helps.

>  Regards,
>  Ravikumar
>
>  --