Re: Debugging with UML

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 4:50 PM, sahlot arvind <asahlot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am learning how to debug the kernel using UML.
> I am doing the followings -
>
> $gdb linux
> ..
> ..
> (gdb)set args ubda=rootfs mem=128M
> (gdb)r
> ..
> ..
> Now onwards linux runs properly and I get the command prompt.
>  At this point when linux is running fine, what should I do to stop the
> kernel? I mean using gdb can I stop the uml if I have not put any break
> points in that and see where exactly it is executing the idle process?

>From another terminal do

ps -ef|grep linux

you will see many processes with similar names. with their parent id
as of gdb process. In that select the lowest process id and do

kill -2 <pid>

in your main terminal uml will break and stop at gdb.

Hope that helps

--
Thanks & Regards,
Manish Katiyar ( http://mkatiyar.googlepages.com )