Re: Loading symbol at startup

Michael Cashwell wrote:
On Mar 24, 2008, at 3:32 PM, Carlo Bertoldi wrote:

I'm afraid I don't understand. Why do you need it to load "early"?

It shouldn't need to load before you intend to call the function the first time. As long as that's not at tasklet or interrupt context you can put the code above before you call my_write() the first time.

Is there some reason it needs to happen before that?

Well, I may be wrong, sot I'll try to be more specific: what I' trying to do is to monitor the sequence of hypercall (more or less Xen equivalent of syscall) that the kernel issues. So I don't know when the first hypercall is issued, and I don't think it's really efficient to check if the needed symbol is available every time, since the kernel can issues thousands of hcall per seconds. Hope I explained myself.
Thanks,
 Carlo

--
It's better to know something about everything, than everything about something.

Blaise Pascal