Re: What is context?

Hi ...

pardon me if I am not that good answering this kind of conceptual things.

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Peter Teoh <htmldeveloper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What is "context"?

simple, it's context. Be it kernel mode context - user mode context,
kernel space - user space context, interruptible - atomic context.

So, it depends on what do you talk about. IMHO, context itself refers
to "attributes and environment that describe the situation". For
example, in interruptible - atomic context, we focus on whether there
is a chance interrupt is coming (and whether interrupt is non
blocked), or whether we should make it non interruptible.

In other word...put it simple, to define "context", we need to know
"the context of the situation"

regards,

Mulyadi.