Re: getpwuid returning null

Hi,
Thanks foe the information. I have created the file /etc/nsswitch.conf and tried to run the same application, then perror is printing success, but the password structure address remains 0. My program and output is given below

#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <pwd.h>
int main()
{
   uid_t uid = 0;
   struct passwd *pw=NULL;
   uid=getuid();
   pw=getpwuid(uid);
   perror("error no is");
   printf("uid is ===> %d\n",uid);
   printf("pw is ===> %d\n",pw);
}
error is ===>: Success
uid is ===> 0
pw is ===> 0

I have tried with getpwnam("root") also, but result ramins same..

Thanks
Tomy Devasia