Question on unmapping of PCIe mapped regions

I own a Gigabit Ethernet driver which is being tested on a PCI Express PC running Linux 2.6.18.1.

For normal traffic (ping, ftp, telnet, WWW), there seems to be no problem. When regression-testing with netperf, the system hangs randomly. After a lot of debugging, I’ve discovered that this event coincides with the device registers suddenly showing 0xffffffff. Debugging with Vmetro indicates that the device registers do not really contain this value. Therefore, somehow the space has got unmapped from the system virtual address space.

Has anyone else seen something similar? Could it have anything to do with running out of memory?

Regards,

- priya