Re: Module.symvers Problems

Le Fri, 8 Feb 2008 17:42:01 -0500,
Michael Cashwell <mboards@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> I'm working on a pair of externally built modules for a 2.6.2x
> vintage kernel on an embedded system and am having trouble. I've
> exported symbols from a HAL module for use in the other module but
> when I insmod the latter I get an error saying that "no version for
> "<some function name>" found".

Say module A provides and exports a function called foobar(), and
module B uses that function.

During the compilation of module A, a file called Module.symvers will
be generated in the directory of module A. Then you must copy it to the
directory of module B, and then compile module B.

See
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=040fcc819a2e7783a570f4bdcdd1f2a7f5f06837
for more informations.

Sincerly,