Re: Page reference

Hi...

On 2/5/08, shyam Burkule <shyam.burkule@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>    Can you tell me,in general how many pages of main memory get referenced
> per second under general wordload. Althogh this question  heavily depends on
> current workload , there must be limitation from processor speed. So i think
> , by considering this limitation of processor (or may be physical address
> bus), we can answer this question.

Not really answering your question..but by "reference" do you mean
just to get the page address or getting the content of the page? In
former case, that depends too whether the address is already cached on
TLB or not. For the latter case, IMHO that depends on data bus
speed...

Somebody pls CMIIW.

regards,

Mulyadi.