Re: initrd image ??

Hi Onkar,

You may decompress the initrd of kernel x and figure out what driver are being loaded by looking at init script and/or directory /lib/... Those drivers would be into initrd but more anothers can be loaded on boot time depending the mechanism your distro implements for that. For example, on RHEL and SLES there is the file /etc/modprobe.conf who contain possible modules to be modprobed.

PS: This tips depends on  distro are you  using...

Regards,

Wainer dos Santos Moschetta
Onkar wrote:
Hi,
            I am configuring the
/etc/mkinitrd/modules to allow the kernel to load only minimal modules at boot time. How do I know as to which modules the kernel needs at boot time.
Here is a trick : I can boot up with kernel X , Now I am preparing one Xen patched kernel Y for which I need to create the initrd image.

by knowing the sequence of modules loaded by X at boot time .. I can include the same ones in the /etc/mkinitrd/modules file for generating image for Y ; Any way(tool) to know which modules constitute the initrd image of X ?? or Any more sophisticated way ??

Thanks & regards,
Onkar Mahajan