Re: [uml-user] memory addresses of UML kernel

On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 07:23:13PM +0530, Manish Katiyar wrote:
> >From the stack I can see that all the function addresses are below 3
> GB even though they are kernel functions. Is it because UML runs in
> user space and has its own memory mappings ??

Yup - treat it as a normal process segfault.

> .......... Also I am not
> able to figure out what makes it to crash as you can see there is no
> debug info for below frames (which i assume is due to my loadable
> module, even though i have built it with debug flags). Any suggestions
> how should i go about debugging it ?

You need to tell gdb what file the module's symbols can be found in,
and where the module was loaded.  See the "Debugging modules" section
of http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/old/debugging.html.

				Jeff

--
Work email - jdike at linux dot intel dot com