Re: Complete flow which make any hardware work.

this question may be more programming specific... but here goes anyhow!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assembly_language

Wikipedia ftw..

assembly is just an easier way to read machine code.

Machine code ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_code ) is just a
bunch of bit patterns that are hardware specific.  So one one cpu if
you load 010101 into some register (memory unit) it does one thing,
and on another cpu it may do something else depending on the hardware.

cpus tend to have such basic operations such as the logical operators
(or, and, xor, not) and mathematical operations (addition,
subtraction) and so forth!  one register could contain a number (in
binary of course), then another register could contain a 2nd number,
then a certain bit pattern could tell the cpu to add the two registers
and store the output somewhere.

writing assembly code can be very time consuming when implementing
more complex software design patterns or larger applications.

These abstractions are easier implemented in C code.

C code is translated to assembly when you compile your code (so you
could audit it or something) and then converted to machine code which
is what a binary (exe in windows) is made up of.

On Jan 7, 2008 9:35 PM, shuab <mohdshuab.siddique@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> Can any one tell me the importance of driver written in assembly and in C
> for hardware to work? I mean can any one tell me how hardware starts
> working.  Please send me the complete flow starting from the very basic
> point. Like
>
> What is the role of Assembly code.
>
> And then what is the role of C code.
>

> I hope the question is clear.
>

> Thanks & Regards
>
> Mohammad Shuab Siddique
>

> http://www.patni.com
>  World-Wide Partnerships. World-Class Solutions.
>
>  This e-mail message may contain proprietary, confidential or legally
> privileged information for the sole use of the person or entity to whom this
> message was originally addressed. Any review, e-transmission dissemination
> or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
> persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
> have received this e-mail in error kindly delete this e-mail from your
> records. If it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
> proper authority, please notify us immediately at netadmin@xxxxxxxxx and
> delete this mail.

Albert Meyburgh
albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx