Re: Assigning statically bttv irqs

Hi Erik

> On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 06:11:10PM +0100, Andrea Gasparini wrote:
> > I want to assign bttv irqs in order to don't share irqs between bttv
> > cards. So, can i try to assign "statically", at least for some test,
> > irqs in bttv code?
> > Could I lead to some problem doing that?
>
> Yes, the problem is that you can't do what you want. IRQ routing is
> dictated by the hardware, it's really about how the INT lines from the
> PCI slots are wired up to the interrupt controller. Not something you
> can change with a couple of lines of software.

I see... and i guessed it was this way.
But there's a possibility to know in some way (via software) how irq lines
are connected together? (maybe through /proc/interrupts)

If there's such a possibility, i think i can try to shuffle irq in way that
minimize conflicts.
Or maybe not, because interrupts are always the same...

Another question, but bttv chip are on the same card and with

Thanks.
--
-gaspa-