Re: how should I get a kernel for myself to begin experimenting?

On Dec 6, 2007 7:03 PM, Amogh Hooshdar <amoghhooshdar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am about to modify kernel and do some work on it for the sake of
> learning the code and contribute to the code when I am well versed
> with it. I would like to know if there is any other way of downloading
> the source code other than git. I am well acquainted with subversion
> so I am wondering whether a subversion repository is available? If
> none of this is available, at least a tarball that I can download
> using my browser?

Hello,

The official place to download kernels is at http://www.kernel.org
There are http, ftp and rsync servers where you can download full
kernel source code, or patches between versions.

To my knowledge, there is no official subversion tree of the kernel.

Have fun,
Thomas