Question using get_cycles for function breakdown

Hello,

I'm using get_cycles to analyze where the time goes inside a function. I call
it once at the beginning of the function, once at the end of it and the
difference of these two values is the time consumed by the function.

This function usually sleeps a couple of times, so it may change cpu.
If get_cycles is called the first time (function start) on one cpu and the
second one on another one, will this difference of get_cycle values be
meaningful?

Thanx.