Re: Constant Socket Receive Buffer

Actually our client want us to keep it to 256bytes.

But from our side I set it using SO_RCVBUF.

According to "tcpdump"...

Initially, win size was ~380. After few min buffer fills up and win
size reset to 0.
After that point, win size is changing peridically and never come down to ~380.

Other than setting from SO_RCVBUF, are there anyway to set RCVBUF to minimum.
I just want to keep only two packets at a time.

are SO_RCVBUF and tcp_rmem independent from each other. is RCVBUF
directly related to window size.

Thankx
Tharindu

--
Tharindu Rukshan Bamunuarachchi
asmlinkage void __init start_kernel(void)