RE: Documentation for building an initrd (initial ramdisk) for ARM architecture

1) There should be either an info page or man page on mkinitrd.

2) There are many examples on google such as this one from Texas Instruments:  focus.ti.com/lit/an/spraah2/spraah2.pdf

NOTE: That pdf also has some basic startup script information which should help with your second question...  Maybe write an even better tutorial based on your experiences and post it on kernelnewbies after your done?

I found that pdf by searching for "build initial ramdisk arm" using google.  Hope that helps...

-Adam