Using large memory > 4GB in Linux Kernel

I have been looking for answer for this but never seem to get anywhere.

Supposed I have 16GB of physical memory, my question is, in 32bit x86
linux, how can I use the physical memory beyond the 4GB boundary in my
kernel drivers?

1.   What CONFIG parameters for kernel compilation is needed (or is
for this purpose)?
2.   Which are the main key functions or global variable for going
this?   The pagetable is still the same mem_map right?

And BTW, Ulrich Drepper has annouced a 114 pages article on "What
Every Programmer Should Know About Memory".

http://people.redhat.com/drepper/cpumemory.pdf

Fantastic!!!!