RE: HI all... reply pls

Hi vasant,

>          I am writing device drivers for PCI card.....I want write
>my own Read and Write function calls in Driver module......
>I am using "ioremap" function which return a pointer....i want to use
>this pointer in my own read and write functionalities....kindly reply
>to this as soon as possible.....

If it's a PCI controler for some board then you need to find the address range of config and IO/Memory space region of the device. From the board data sheat you can easily make out the different address and the length of each regions.
 Then you can fing the base address of your device for each region(config, IO/Mem) using  ioremap(). You can use this base address to access the registers in different regions.

 If it's a PCI based card such as serial/eth, then you need to probe for your device based on the devid and venid using pci_find_device()/ pci_find_slot() based on your requirement. Then find the base address of your device using ioremap()(the address where your device is mapped can be found fron the data sheet). Now you can access the registers for your device.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,
Saumendra