Re: question about insmod

hi:
I have found out some way to figure it out.
In the beginning, I was confused by the "success(2): success".
Then, some of my friend told me that I can use "dmesg -n 8" to set
different message showing level and I can see the error messages that
insmod wants to tell me.
It seems the "(2)" have some special meaning, since if I successfully
insmod some module, it will tell me "success(17): success".
But I can find what out the number really mean, even by man.
If someone knows where can get this information, please tell me.

appreciate all your guys help,
ps: I should check the /var/log/messages to see any message before
asking this question. After all, I am writing a module
vichy