IRQ Dynamically Allocation

Hi there,

This is the first time that I am working with the linux kernel.

I am having problem with finding the IRQs that are assigned in the kernel under the kernel 2.2.19.

After retrieving the list of unassigned IRQs, I need to assign 4 serial ports to the unassigned IRQs.  I have tried to call the get_irq_list() function from my own kernel module, but this function call crashed my module while executing.  So, I tried to use retrieve the Interrupt Descriptors Table using struct irq_desc_t, but I have not been able to find a function call that would return me the system Interrupt Descriptor Table with the struct irq_desc_t.  I believe irq.c module would generate this, but there seems to be linking problem or this module is not accessible outside of the kernel space.

Hopefully, you guys would be able to point me to the correct place in locate this.

Gene.

Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by today!