Re: simple (and probably trivial) git question about cumulative patches

> > On 10/30/2007 11:53 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> > > 1) make some changes
> > > 2) "git diff" to record that particular change
> >
> > Well, "git diff" just _shows_ you the diff between your working
> > directory and that which is "recorded", it doesn't record/commit
> > anything.
>
> sorry, that was badly worded on my part -- what i meant was that i
> could do "git diff" and just redirect the output to a file to save
> that particular diff before continuing.
another option might be to just do the commits as you would normally.
when you want to look at all the diffs from "then" to "now", do a:
   git-log
from the output, note down the object hash from "then" and "now". then
you can run:

   git-format-patch "then-hash" "now-hash"

to get a list of diffs. not sure if this is what you are looking for ?

anupam

--
In the beginning was the lambda, and the lambda was with Emacs, and
Emacs was the lambda.