Help with linux module comunication.

    I wanna port the kernel to my board which has a special function,
such as generate/receive packets for throughput test, etc.
	So a call to driver function is needed, for example, packets receiving method.
Different NIC card has its own way to receive, a interface is needed to extend drivers abilities.
    I found the inter-module mechanism can do that, but it is dying.
I wonder that is there any replacement? How to add special purpose function in driver?

        Readon Shaw
        xydarcher@xxxxxxx
                  2007-10-29