Re: high load on 2.4.24-rc1

Hi...
I've been testing 2.4.24-rc1 the past few days and I think I may have
found an issue.  The load on my machine is hovering steadily at 1 but
it's not running anything to cause it, not anything I can see anyway:
I suspect one of two possible things below:
1. Bug in the new CFS (Complete Fair Scheduling) scheduler
2. Bug in the top's accounting code itself.

I tend to pick #2, since somebody also posted more or less same trouble with top in Linux Gazette's The Answer gang. More over, it could be the effect of no_hz. Top get puzzled why ticks stay the same, thus somehow it thinks something is hogging the machine...

Just my 2 cents guess...

regards,

Mulyadi