Re: how long does a single context switch take ?

> I am looking for a rule of thumb regarding the time it takes
> to context switch in linux (any other OS comparison would be interesting
> too) on a modern hardware (x86 is probably the most interesting, but
> other numbers might be handy too if anyone has them).
iirc lmbench provides mechanism to measure the avg behavior for that.
you can probably use that.

otherwise, you can probably measure it with an oscilloscope, no not kidding :o)

thanks
anupam
--
In the beginning was the lambda, and the lambda was with Emacs, and
Emacs was the lambda.