Plz help About LRU

Hi

 Please see fig Figure 17-4. Moving pages across the LRU lists in following link

http://www.linux-security.cn/ebooks/ulk3-html/0596005652/understandlk-CHP-17-SECT-3.html#understandlk-CHP-17-SECT-3.1

    Now when there is first access we can access a struct page and can modify some flags like PG_referenced.Now at this point mapping will be done.After onwards there is cache hit (offcourse page is until in page cache) and control doesnt comes to kerenl (correct me if i am wrong).

    Now as given in fig. if there is second reference mark_page_accessed() will invoke and then change flag PG_referenced to 1 and still page is in inacive list.Is it really true...i mean at this point of reference there will be cache hit and therefore controll doesnt comes to kernel.
And also as i think this set of PG_referenced is very important.So if it is not true then what and how  LRU moves pages across its inactive and active list.

Please clerify..thanks

--
Shyam
  "Born To Learn"