Writing ethernet driver for BCM4713 card

Hi

I have some general questions about ethernet driver and also some questions specific to BCM 4713 card.

I have recently ported a b44 driver for an Embedded OS that runs on Linksys WRT54GL router. This chipset has MIPS processor and BCM 4713 ethernet card (not BCM 4401).

I could not find any driver for 4713, so I ported a driver for b44 assuming it should be close to 4713.

Now when I load the driver, sometimes I get "Descriptor Protocol Error and sometimes "Descriptor Error" interrupt. I am only receiving packet now, no code for transmission is there yet.

My questions are -

1.  What is the difference between "Descriptor Protocol Error" and "Descriptor Error"? Why do they occur and how can I overcome/track cause of this error on MIPs architecture?

2. Does anyone has any spec/code for BCM 4713 card either for x86 or MIPS that I can study to learn about this card's programming requirements?

Thanks,
- Meraj