Re: how to hack the sk_buff memory

On 10/4/07, Mansha Linux <mansha.linux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i want to write the kernel module which will hack the sk_buff memory.

> send/receive (some traffic) test through this nic, during this test i wanted
> my kernel module to be hacking memory(sk_buff memory) continuously while the
> send/receive test is running. And the final altimate goal is to be the
> memory unavailable for the send/receive test.

If you want to free the chunks of memory, not possible i guess. The
whole skb ll be deallocated in lieu to the way it is allocated in one
go.

If you mean just modifying the data then

check skbuff.h for family of skb_pull/_push/_clone/_copy/ etc along
with a memcpy.
BTW take care of packet checksums at different layers.

What exactly do you want to hack ? What is your goal?

HTH
thanks

--
play the game