Re: Where to start?

Hello.

> I am new to the kernel newbies list. I want to learn linux kernel code but
> finding it difficult to start from.
> Let me explain, if for example I have to understand a program then what I
> will do is, I will find out the main function and start analyzing the code
> and understand the flow and entire thing.
> But here in I am unable to start off. Which file contains the function/code
> which gets executed when PC is turned on?
> Please help me in this regard. I want to study linux on ARM Architecture.

You're asking for difficult answer. Basically, 1st you need to
understand how your arch (in this case ARM) works during boot stage.
let's say it's doing interrupt table initialization. Using this clue,
use grep to find any words related to "interrupt" inside arch/arm
directory.

Maybe you don't jump right into the very beginning phase of booting,
but by doing backtracking (find out which code calling this spot),
eventually you can find it out.

Cscope/ctag is your best friend for this of work.

regards,

Mulyadi.