Re: Syscall Creation Question - New Member

Hello,

I'm not asking for people to do my assignment. If you read my initial email you would of known this. In my initial email, I explained a series of steps that I attempted to do and was not met with success. I also stated that this is indeed, for one of my classes I am taking. I have not done any kernel programming before so I am completely new to it and I lack information. If you missed that email, let me know and I can send it to you private. One person suggested that I do a module instead of a system call and I replied I have to do both. I am not asking anyone to do any portion of the work for me, what I am asking for is advice on how to solve my problem and where to look for possible answers. I hope this fixes your confusion :)

A few books have been given to me and they have been useful and I intend to read them to gather more information. (They are indeed published on the internet)

Thanks,

In a message dated 9/29/2007 12:11:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, greg@xxxxxxxxx writes:
On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 11:15:04PM -0400, WindHeavenNights@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,

> Thank you for your reply.

> Part of the assignment is to make a system call and then the second  part is
> to make the module version so we can learn ways.

Why are you asking others to do your homework for you?

confused,

greg k-h