Re: kernel BUG at include/linux/module.h:355!

Octavian Purdila <tavi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 25 September 2007, Talib Alium wrote:
> My driver is getting this error, as a result test application gets a signal
> and is killed.
>
> I am pretty sure that reference count is not zero. Actually I have
>
> try_module_get(THIS_MODULE);
>
> in init_module.

Without actually seeing the code or giving more information there is a slim
chance of somebody being able to help you.

Did you set the .owner field of your driver's device operations to
THIS_MODULE?

Also, why do you need to use try_module_get?
My setup consist of three modules. Two of them have registered char devices, and these two modules have .owner = THIS_MODULE set. Thrid one does not.

I used try_module_get so that module count will not e zero and this bug should not be hit.

Talib