Re: Work queue priority

Hi...

> According to LDDv3 (p.203): "Tasklets may be run immediately if the
> system is not under heavy load but never
> later than the next timer tick."  Were you trying not to make
> assumptions or do you think LDD is incorrect?

Under not so extreme workload, I agree with what LDD saying (honestly,
I just knew it the time you quote that sentence). However, IMHO there
is corner case... that is extremely loaded machine. I come to this
conclusion while doing code analysis months ago, and I see no
guarantee that it won't run later than next timer tick. Again, I
stressed the word "extremely loaded".

Side note: Perhaps LDD can come to that conclusion since nowadays PCs
are armed with powerful CPU ... Core 2 Duo to name a few. But what if
you just have an old 386 in hand? It surely serves interrupts slower
than Core 2 duo. Not to mention the capability of SMP machine to share
the IRQ load. That's why I came to the above conclusion.

i welcome any thoughts about it...

regards,

Mulyadi