Threads' pid in 2.6

Hi all,
I'm developing an LKM that checks the execution of multithreaded programs.
I've already developed it as a 2.4 kernel module and I've "translated" it in a 2.6 kernel module.
In the 2.4, the threads have different pids and so I stop and continue a thread by passing the pid value to the signal function in kernel space.
The problem is that, in the 2.6, it doesn't seems to be possible as the pid is shared beetween the threads.
I've also executed a multithreaded application in order to check if the tid differs, but also the tid is the same.
Moreover, it seems that threads, in 2.6, shares the signal, too.
How can I stop/resume a thread individually? How can I distinguish which one is the current process running?
Any Idea?
Thanks. regards,
Vincenzo