Re: Work queue priority

Hi...

Allow me to answer this 1st.
More confusion... In this situation, doesn't ksoftirqd run after the
hardware interrupt exits?  If so, I would have no concerns at all about
priority inversion using tasklets.
Yes. IIRC, ksoftirqd is scheduled to run when there is a lot of soft irqs need to be executed. I forgot how much "a lot" is, let's just say when it exceeds certain threshold. That way, we prevent getting too long inside interrupt handling path, leaving normal process (both in kernel mode or user mode) waiting.

regards,

Mulyadi