Re: Fwd: doubts abt user addr space and page cache

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 14:33:11 +0530
"Akshay Sumant" <linuxakshay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>           in utlk there is following paragraph which is confusing me..
>           Is it a case that pages belonging to user mode addr space
> are not present in page cache?? What actually are the contents of
> page cache then?

Some pages from user mode processes will be in the page
cache, for example the pages from shared libraries,
shared memory segments and other mmaped files.

However, the page cache also contains file data that is
not mmaped into any process.

In addition, processes usually have pages that are not
part of the page cache, for example the BSS, the heap
and the stack.