sysfs class for simple usb device

Hi.

I am working on a usb driver for small OLED display device.
It is small display built in some Asus laptops, that can display small,
black&white pictures. It is an usb device which I was able to control. But I
wanted to provide nice files in sysfs for controlling its behavior -
switching it on/off, and writing pictures to be displayed on it. If I just
create a sysfs file, it is created
in /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb5/5-7/file_name.
I would like it to be somewhere where it could be easier to be found (for
example by a program detecting features that can be controlled), without the
long path depending on the number of device. For example some files
controlling additional features of my laptop, created by asus_laptop module
are either in /sys/device/platform/asus-laptop/, or
in /sys/class/leds/asus:xxx/. I know that directories in /sys/class/
describe specific role of a group of devices, but I wasn't able to find any
class that would be appropriate. I could probably create my own class, but
I am not sure if that's the right thing to do. I also don't think that
there might be more similar oled (or just small display) devices that could
have similar interface.
I think that it would need at least two files, one for switching it on and
off, and for passing some additional options, like flashing of the display,
and the other for writing the picture file to be displayed.

I did a lot of google searching, I also downloaded kernelnewbies archives,
but I wasn't able to find anything relevant.

Thanks for any piece of advice!

Jakub Schmidtke