Re: Having problems after the add_disk() call

Hi,

Rajendra Stalekar wrote:

*Buffer I/O on logical block 0 . Unable to read the partition table *etc. However if I comment the add_disk it doesn’t throw me an error. According to the book, I understand that the disk is live , which means even before add_disk() function returns , the kernel tries to read the partition table and also there could be requests taking place.

So how can I get rid of this problem.

There's no "problem". You just need to implement a make_request() function or a request() function for your disk, and make sure it's functional before calling add_disk().

Can you please help me out. It’s urgent.

No, it's not urgent. You cannot ask volunteers to do your homework or company work in an urgent way. By saying it's urgent, the only thing you can get is slower answers, and no answer at all.

Sincerly,

Thomas
--
PETAZZONI Thomas - thomas.petazzoni@xxxxxxxx