Re: freeBSD

> On 08/22/2007 03:57 PM, Jesper Juhl wrote:
>
>> On 22/08/07, shyam burkule <shyam.linux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> hellow
>>>  can you please tell me where i can get new patches for freeBSD?

After reading wikipedia's article on trolling in Internet, i didn't get
clear picture of it. Now i do, thanks for such convenient example!
(hint: shyam burkule <shyam.linux@xxxxxxxxx>,  kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                           ^^^^^^^                             ^^^^^^^)

== 22-08-2007, Rene Herman: ==

>> Try a FreeBSD mailing list. This list is for discussing the Linux kernel.
>
> Only in practice -- by (original) design it's not. Since the new wiki site
> on kernelnewbies.org it's a little less explicit, but still there:
>
> "We help each other learn how the Linux kernel works and occasionally
> discuss other operating system kernels."
>
> Ofcourse, practice might sometimes not be non-important. And no, no idea
> where you can get patches for FreeBSD.

I don't know, why Linus and friends don't have `linux.org' as
distribution primary; maybe this is result of stupid domain name races
and cybersquatting, don't know.

OTOH, `kernel.org' is kind of world-domination thing, IMHO.

And what if world domination will happen suddenly?

(See last posts in debian-dpkg list and "rewriting kbuild/kconfig" in
LKML, if interested in my POV :)

> --

Please, don't send me copies. I read, list and it's archive when i have
time and will. Thank you.

Otherwise, guess what to do :)
--
-o--=O`C