RE: how to make global kernel data structure has read only

Hi,

>          We have one global kernel data structure  which store some
> critical information. So we have to make this structure read only .
> This structure can be access but not be modify by any other module.
> Please let me know how to make global kernel data structure has read
> only.

Are you saying that you want that YOUR module should be able to manipulate it but no other module should be able to? This is not possible as once inserted into the kernel, all the kernel code is same and there is no distinction left between "your module" and "any other module". However, the recommended way to achieve the same effect this is make the data static to your module and export a simple get() routine that provides the data to any module.

Thanks,

Rajat