RE: cat /dev/mem, cat /dev/ram ?

El Lunes, 13 de Agosto de 2007, Christopher Reder escribió:
> Thanks Raul -
> I do know what you mean.  I am also running an ATMEL and at one point was
> doing boot.bin and then going to u-boot.bin.  But, you can make things so
> much quicker by just using u-boot.bin by itself and that is what I am
> doing. I just have the uncompressed u-boot at the same location as
boot.bin
> and it boots, and does the init and works well.  I will keep an eye out
for
> any weirdness but I can do a lot of heavy memory access without any issues
> so far.  I am hoping for the best.  :)
>
> Thanks!

Raul> I think that keeping threads inside the mailing list is always a good
Raul>idea ;)

I agree.  But when you responded, you responded just to me, not the mailing
list.  I was replying to you as you wrote to me.  Please re-check your
email.

Raul>Well, you're right but our intention is to start(boot) and run from
Raul>dataflash,
Raul>and u-boot is unable to boot from dataflash AFAIK. Anyway being able to
Raul>do so
Raul>would be great and I'm interested to know.

While that option is not in u-boot directly, it seems like it wouldn't be
that big of a deal since u-boot can read from the dataflash.  It will just
check the first 6 instructions for an arm instruction as I understand it so
you could easily move that code from boot.bin into u-boot and save the two
stage process.

Regards,
Christopher