Re: passing command line arguments to kernel module

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 07:28:22AM +0100, hari krishna angadi wrote:
> hi all,
Hi,

answers below
>           > in user program we pass command line parameters in my case
>            >for example :   i pass 1st arguement as script and other arguements
>            > $ ../Bin/Readdata id20 normal 32496 8192
>           >tis wil execute the scripts which contains test cases
>
>          >now i am porting user code to kernel module.i should pass command line
>      >arguments using insmod. ex insmod ../Bin/Readdata id20 normal 32496 8192
>        >whether the module will invoke the script?
>       >in user cde we use main( int argc,char  *argv[  ])
>        >i should replace main with init in kernel module.
>
> thanks ,
> hari

1. You may have a look at the macros module_param and friends.
2. Do you want to read and write files from kernel space (your command
   line arguments imply this)? File access from kernel space is
   (though theoretically possible) a very dangerous thing.
   See the mailing list archives for an explanation why this is
   considered evil. Erik Mouw and others explained that very well.
   (Sorry, dont have a link handy)
3. Your mail client (or you by yourself) did totally mess up your message.
   I see 5 levels of identation here, Please fix this.