Re: VLAN header stripped out

On 7/25/07, Ganesan Natarajan <natrajputra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,
      I am trying to send VLAN tagged frame. While receiving the
frames on the VLAN interface the VLAN header is stripped out on the
ethernet driver itself ( I guess !!!)

While receiving the frame in netfilter PRE_ROUTE  hook call back
function, I am getting only VLAN header stripped frame.

I need the VLAN tagged frame in netfilter hook function. Is there any
way not to strip out the VLAN header?

If it really is stripping VLAN before, you ll have to save the VLAN
header possibly in sk_buff->cb i guess.
Once you get the data above , just clone the skb and extract the
skb->cb which is your VLAN.

Never looked so i am not sure if this is the best method.

thanks
--psr

Ganean N

play the game