Detection of interrupt by interrupt handler not originating from the device

Hi,

Wanted to know a scenario wherein an interrupt is detected by the interrupt handler whose device is not the originator. How is that possible ?  We have a dev_id parameter to detect the device for any interrupt.

When we write our own interrupt handler , let’s say the interrupt line is shared for that interrupt, yet we have the dev_id parameter for the interrupt, so how can the interrupt handler detect the interrupt not originating from the device. It will detect the interrupt only for the device associated with dev_id.

Regards,

Rajendra Stalekar(extn 2016)

Location:- Akruti

Mobile no:- +91 9860501143