Doubt on Interrupt sharing

Hi ,

My query is,

1. Why is it not correct to install the interrupt handler during driver initialization and it’s better to install it when we are actually opening the device.

2. How can we share the same interrupt line if we install for 2 or more devices, when that interrupt is allocated to a particular device ?

I can understand during driver initialization it’s not a good idea to install the handler because we don’t know whether we are going to use the device.

But if we install the handler when the device is opened how can we share the interrupt line because it is now dedicated for it.

Regards,

Rajendra Stalekar(extn 2016)

Location:- Akruti

Mobile no:- +91 9860501143